If anyone has seen my closet, they know that I own a lot of scarves. I love them. And I love to experiment with different ways of tying them. My favorite lately has been the fancy braid.
It’s very nice.
And I have found that, without fail, every single time I wear it to work at Anthropologie, a customer asks me how I did it. So, on behalf of all the Anthropologie women out there, or otherwise, I have designed a handy little infographic to explain how to tie the fancy scarf!
1. Drape the scarf around your neck like so.
2. Tie the scarf like you would when you begin tying your shoes. However big you make your loop now will be about the size of the final braided loop.
3. Take one side of the scarf and place it over the other side.
4. Now loop it under and through the neck hole.
5. Fold back over the other side.
6. Repeat with the other side of the scarf. Place it over the other side, and through the neck hole.
7. Keep repeating this process – Over and through. Switch. Over and through – Switch. Until the scarf runs out!
8. When it is finished you will have a lovely braid! I then simply tie the ends in a knot and tuck them in wherever I can hide them. Or let them hang out for a messier look. Fluff it a little to make the braid look just how you want it, and you’re finished!
I hope this was helpful! If you want to know even more ways to tie a scarf, I recommend looking here. There are over 50 ways to tie a scarf, complete with very handy videos. This is the site I use when I want to adventure a little with my scarves.
So I encourage you to try it out! I promise you will receive multiple compliments on it – it’s very unique.
Let me know how it turns out for you by leaving a comment, or better yet, post a picture! I’d love to see what kind of outfits everyone pairs it with.